March 15, 2010

The last 2~3 weeks

I got both my Final Fantasy XIII and Clavinova CLP-330 Piano.

I'm a bit disappointed with the piano. At the store I was really excited so it must have shrouded my judgement a little bit, listening to the piano now it has this certain tone that makes it sound fake. But I'm happy with it overall, since I highly doubt I could get an authentic-sounding piano that can transmit sounds through the earphone wire.

As for Final Fantasy XIII, due to CCA as well as overwhelming homework, I've only been able to put 5 or 6 hours into the game but enjoying it so far. Lightning looks a lot nicer than she did in her promotional pictures and is one of my favourite characters at the moment, in terms of both character and personality. Another character I'm liking is Hope, whom is ironically very pessimistic and etcetera. Things I don't like? How when you want to turn around to walk in a different direction, there's a lag time of about half a second which brings movement to a slow level. It looks realistic, sure, but it isn't nice to feel it.

Battle system is fun, Paradigm system is bloody awesome. I'm changing Paradigm's every 20 seconds or so, boss battles are extremely on edge since even near the start of the game you can easily be OHKO'd. Every battle is exciting because, unlike other Final Fantasy's where the monsters chip your HP down over time as you walk across the map, you're likely to be put into danger in every single battle.

Hm, I went for Scouts camp from Friday to Sunday. Nothing interesting, but on one of the night-times I served Apple Pies for Supper and under-ordered a little, since their appetites fluctuated a lot. Once in awhile they'd eat a lot and sometimes they'd leave a massive amount of leftovers. Anyway, I was disgusted to find out that several of them had eaten 4 or 5 apple pies while some of their friends hadn't even eaten yet. As for Zong's comment that we were all 'once like that', I gotta say that our cohort, although they don't know when to shut the fuck up, cares for each other. Like, even the ruggers will look out for you. We may not be the best cohort in terms of behaviour but we really look out for our people.

Otherwise, not much to say. I've attempted my A Math homework and can barely do any questions at all, which is a shame.

Something tells me I'm not finishing it by Tuesday.

-Haruhiist

No comments:

Post a Comment