February 6, 2010

Cornelia 2010

My second Dissidia tournament, this one actually has prizes. Entry fee was $8. The prizes were pretty neat, first prize being a wifi adapter that has a in-built system that lets you use xlink to play online from your computer (hence, Dissidia Online). Second prize is a pretty good quality little portable speaker, it's lightweight and runs on 3 AAA batteries. Last one is a alarm clock that runs away from you until you catch it while making obscenely loud noises. Tournament this time around has 4 less participants due to school stuff, so from 20 it became 16.

Nothing too interesting, my first round opponent had Bio SPA so he couldn't make it. So I got 'seeded' to the second round where I lost 2-0. But since the tournament is in the double elimination format, I went to the Loser's Bracket instead of being totally eliminated. When I got to the LB, I just plowed my way through. Dornel also got sent to the LB in the 1st round, but fought for 2 battles I think. Then by some screw of fate, I had to fight Dornel, then I won, though seriously I think he was a bit jumpy during the whole thing, and that affected the fight. After that, fought another person whom I beat in the last tourney, and then fought the same guy who had eliminated me in the first round.

Intense 1st battle that I won in the end, then during the 2nd round (the Tournament was Best of 3 for each match), he barely beat me. I switched to Shantotto and won, since I wasn't too confident about using Tidus against Cloud of Darkness again.

Finally, Finals round, I beat him 2-0, but he said he had the wrong skill equipped and I said 'okay, we can redo that match'. It didn't matter anyway because I had to fight him twice, since he was in the WB and he lost, he went into the Finals LB which is basically a second chance. He beat me 2-0, and I now I know not to fight Kefka on Pandemonium. So I won 2nd place and a nice speaker which I am now using as a permanent speaker instead of a portable one. It's plugged into my computer and has pretty good quality, it doesn't go all static when I play high-pitch and low-pitch songs (e.g. Piano songs).

Yeah. 2nd Place, woot.

-Haruhiist

No comments:

Post a Comment