February 8, 2010

Take a break, have a kitkat.... NOT

Okay, so I just negotiated with Jerald to let me skip tomorrow cause of homework issues, and just came out of tuition so I'll take a short break to write this post and eat my pears.

Recently I haven't been playing DotA with the group, there are 2 honest reasons for this.

1) Homework. Dornel may not be so affected by this, I'm not sure if he's playing with you guys or not, but our teachers are throwing loads of homework on to us. At this current point of time, I have 2 Biology worksheets, 3 Chinese exercises including a composition to do, English comprehension as well as composition and a Geography essay worksheet. Chinese actually makes up most of the homework that gives me trouble, so I have to spend quite a bit of time on it, and since I'm pretty lethargic and need a bit of extra sleep, I don't have time to play with you guys on a daily basis anymore. It's like being involuntarily serious about my work, because I don't like CWO or Detention Classes, or taking chances.

2) My skills are degrading. This may be related to me playing less, or it might also have to do with how I'm losing interest in the game. I think what I liked about DotA was the competitive nature, how you fight to win and work together to win. I know when we play together we play closely compared to most pubs, though occasionally there are randomly formed pub teams that work together. But the way you guys talk in game and how you act kind of gives off this sense of not caring about winning, which represents DotA's competitive nature. As I said, what I like is the competitive nature, so when I play with you guys with seemingly not serious attitudes, it makes me lose interest. Hence, I'm starting to not really care anymore, and so I'm doing worse. You guys are better off winning without me than losing with me, especially since I irritate so many people with bitter comments.


I think having such a load of homework is making me a lot more sober, I'm tired and lethargic everyday. It's like I'm dragging my feet through life.

BLASTED O's, at least I have nice friends like Jerald who cut me some slack in this hectic schedule.

I remember I wanted to post about something else... but I can't remember what it is, so blah.

Hot damn, I made it through an entire post without a single vulgarity.

-Haruhiist

No comments:

Post a Comment