Basically, what I learnt from December to January, especially when my friends from overseas came to Singapore, is that I shouldn't force myself to do things I don't want to. When my friend from overseas came, I was supposed to meet her (along with another guy that I had met before) and spend the day with her. The night before, they sent me an SMS saying that they were going to attend a dance competition in Punggol and that I had to meet them at 11AM at Punggol MRT. Now, I was like 'What the Fuck' because I had to switch trains 2 times and Punggol was at the end of the purple line. After consulting a few people, I finally chose my decision - that since I probably wouldn't have fun, I shouldn't bother going. After all, I'm not the kind of person who will enjoy watching a dance competition.
In more related news, the reason I didn't go is because I figured I wouldn't have fun. That is right, I don't think I will have fun spending 2 hours just going to Dornel's house to get controllers as well as the ride to Zong's house, and then followed by 2 hours of BANG BANG PEW PEW. You guys might find it fun, but I much rather stay at home and play on my own PS3. I also recently have much more homework than I'm used to (it may be regular for you guys now, but I never needed to work this hard to keep track on my homework), so I kind of want some real rest time for this holiday.
And as we all know very well, rest time =/= party time.
I hope you understand, this is truly what I think. I'm kind of becoming like Bristan, I suppose. He was quite sian whenever he went out with us, or so it seemed, whenever we went to LAN. Right now I'm feeling the same way, what would be the point of me going if I'll be bored? I'll only piss off the people that are having fun, right? I don't see a point in being there just to.. be there.
If anything, that sounds like a waste of time.
-Haruhiist
No comments:
Post a Comment